Friday, January 30, 2009

More MacDonald


Good News for the Heart

Every man must read the Word for himself. One may read it in one shape, another in another, all will be right if it be indeed the Word (Jesus) they read, and they read it by the lamp of obedience. He who is willing to do the will of the Father shall know the truth of the teaching of Jesus. The Spirit is "given to them that obey him."

Let us hear how John reads the Word in his version of the gospel: "This then is the message," he says, "which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him ins no darkness at all."

Ah, my heart, this is indeed good news for you! This is Gospel! If God be light, what more, what else can I seek than God, than God himself! Away with your doctrines! I am saved--for God is my light! My God, I come to you. That you should be yourself is enough for time and eternity, for my soul and all its endless need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

It reminds me of another quote from Brother George:

"Obedience is the soul of knowledge."