Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What if?


Consider this:
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. (John 17)

and this:
10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." 13Is Christ divided? (I Corinthians 1)
and this (from Hudson Taylor as he gathered the first team of missionaries that ventured into inland China)

“To those who have never been called to prove the faithfulness of the covenant-keeping God, it might seem a hazardous experiment to send twenty-four European evangelists to a distant heathen land “with only God to look to”.....

The work they were undertaking was far too great to be limited to any one denomination. The fact that the Mission offered no salaries was in itself enough to deter all but those whose experience made them sure of God, and such souls possess a union in more than name.

We had to consider (Mr. Taylor continued) whether it would not be possible for members of various denominations to work together on simple, evangelistic lines, without friction as to conscientious differences of opinion. Prayerfully concluding that it would, we decided to invite the co-operation of fellow believers, irrespective of denominational views, who fully held the inspiration of God’s Word and were willing to prove their faith by going to inland China with only the guarantees they carried in their Bibles.

I ask you;

What He might do on and for this planet, if only the children of God would look to Him, realize our oneness and come together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the result, but I want to imagine it!

Clint said...

Amen Rishi!

May our Lord Jesus be our ONLY commonality!`